Thursday, October 15, 2009

Too Many Words. Too Much Fat.

I write the monthly email for our ministry and one of our students informed me that "no one reads paragraphs" and thinking of all the things I read, I absolutely agreed. So I am not going to write paragraphs anymore, just statements and questions.

In spending time with God today I read the beginning of Isaiah. When substituting the Israelite people with the people of God today (anyone who claims to follow Christ) in Isaiah 1, its convicting but it also makes me extremely thankful for grace. What are your thoughts?

God says in Isaiah 1:11 "I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats." v.13 "Stop bringing me meaningless offerings!"

God cares more about our character and the conduct of hearts then the number of our religious activities.

Are you burning animals just to burn them?

God gives more grace then we will ever know. Isaiah 1:18-20. Its up to us. The best of the land or the sword.

"Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord."

Take the deal and be obedient. The end.




"Treasure Trove"

No comments:

Post a Comment