Monday, January 11, 2010

Jungle Love.

I am writing again... because I am back like the future.

As many of you know I just returned from a trip to Peru. How can adequately express the journey?
Not one for wasting my eye movements and thought processes on excessive discourses concerning experiences that simply can't be captured by run on sentences and bygone hours; I have decided to post top 5 lists for the next few days to provide a rounder illustration of my time in South America.

Top 5 Moments:

5. Walking out of the airport in Pulcallpa, smelling the warm air and seeing the city for the first time.

4. Taking a bite out of a fruit that I had never heard of... fresh from the tree.

3. Watching the sun set over the Andes from the boat during our first night on the river.

2. Eric and I fighting side by side against a few of the village boys in a classic stick-sword fight... who needs verbal language when you can speak the language of guys world wide: play fighting.

1. Standing on the shore of a South American village, watching the community come together to unload the water filters we brought; while knowing that all the people around me would have better lives.


Stay Tuned.




Treasure Trove

No comments:

Post a Comment